Saturday, April 28, 2012

Creators have to be able to see what they are doing.

Amazing real time programming tools in JavaScript that let you see the results of code changes immediately.   This is an incredible breakthrough.

Something that I hope one day can be in the Amorphous OS I wish to build.


Bret Victor - Inventing on Principle

Guiding Principal


Ideas are very important to me. Bringing ideas to the world are one of the most important thing for people do.
and I think that great ideas in the form of great art, stories, inventions,
scientific theories these thing take on lives of their own which give meaning to our lives as people.


So, I think a lot about how people create ideas and how ideas grow and in particular, what sorts of tools create a healthy environment for ideas to grow.


I've spent a lot of time over the years making creative tools, using creative tools, thinking about this a lot and here's something I've come to believe,
creators need an immediate connection to what they create.


When you making something you need to see the effect of that immediately.


Creators need an immediate connection to what they are creating.


Creators have to be able to see what they are doing.



No comments: